Register to Fundraise
Click here to register as a dancer for Dance Marathon at LSU 2019 and begin fundraising for Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital.
How to Fundraise
All of the money you raise will go directly to helping the children of Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. You’re efforts are vital to the fundraising success of Dance Marathon at LSU, and any amount, no matter how big or small, makes a massive impact in the lives of so many.
What is canning? Simply put, canning is one of the easiest and most profitable ways to reach your fundraising goal! Our Fundraising team contacts local businesses for permission to stand outside entrances and exits with DM at LSU cans. Dancers can sign up for published canning “shifts” (usually two hours at a time on the weekends) to ask customers to contribute their spare change to Dance Marathon as they enter or leave the business.
Is it weird asking strangers for money? It’s easier than you think! Many people will stop to listen to what you have to say because they’re familiar with Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network.
What should I remember to do when canning? Keep your energy up! A quick “pitch” as people pass will help catch their attention – for example, “Hi, we’re raising money for Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, would you like to make a donation?” Always thank people and try to be as enthusiastic and positive as possible
To get some tips and tricks on how to can, watch the video below!
Sending emails to potential donors is a fast and easy way to fundraise! When you send an email you can do it one of two ways!
- Send the email through your personal email account.
- Send an email through Donor Drive. When you send an email through Donor Drive, you can either send a pre-typed template or personalize your message. When you send to message, the link to your fundraising page will also be inlcuded!
Letter Writing Campaign
The Letter Writing Campaign is a great way to connect with potential donors who may not be present on social media. When you submit the name and address of a family member or friend below, they will receive a letter in the mail explaining what Dance Marathon at LSU is, the story of a Miracle Kid who has been impacted by Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, and a letter telling them how they can donate to Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital on your behalf.
Sponsor a Dancer
Contacting businesses can be a great way to reach your fundraising goals! Business are often willing and able to donate to you, and are a great way to interact with the Baton Rouge community! You can use the template provided below to give to potential sponsors and personalize it as you go!
Fun Ways to Fundraise
- Personalize your DonorDrive page! Adding some personal text, even if it’s just a quick paragraph, is better than leaving the default text and will encourage people to donate! Add pictures, too!
- Make a change jar FTK
- Ask your family and friends to sponsor you for every hour of Dance Marathon at LSU
- Offer to be designated driver for friends in exchange for donations
- Babysit, petsit, or tutor! People may even pay extra if they know you are donating your profits to the kids!
- Ask friends and family to donate an “hour” of their time once a week or once a month by donating the equivalent of an hour’s wage
- Ask family and friends to sponsor your grades For The Kids
- Share your DonorDrive page on social media and include a personal message
- Ask friends and family if their employers have matching gift programs - this can double or even triple a donation!
- Use your meal plan to swipe people in at dining halls in exchange for donations
- Sell old clothes at Plato’s Closet (located on Siegen Ln) or Meta Exchange (at Perkins and Bluebonnet)
- Design t-shirts for your team and sell them!